You and a guest are cordially invited to
The Naperville Men’s Glee Club
30th Anniversary Celebration!
Sunday, September 30, 2018, 3:00-7:00 p.m.
Wentz Concert Hall/Lobby
171 E. Chicago Avenue, Naperville
$55 per person
Casually elegant attire
Hors d’oeuvres and dessert will be served.
RSVP with number attending to:
Stuanderso@wowway.com by September 16.
Make check payable to NMGC and send to:
c/o Stu Anderson
1143 Stuart Ct., Naperville, IL 60540
or by Venmo at: Stuart-Anderson-15
Do you have a favorite Glee Club memory? Time will be set aside for sharing. Let us know if you would like to say a few words (please limit to 2-3 minutes) and/or you have a favorite song. Watch for updates.
We hope to see you there!
The NMGC 30th Anniversary Celebration is just a few weeks away and we are looking forward to seeing you there! The planning committee has received several questions regarding event details. We thought this information would be helpful to all.
- This is a celebration, a reception, a party. North Central loved the idea of our celebrating in their venue. They are providing the Wentz lobby at a very nominal charge for our party. Although it’s at Wentz and we’ll probably do some singing, it’s not a concert.
- Like our past celebrations for the 10th and 20th anniversaries, this is an adult event.
- We’re working with a caterer to provide a nice selection of hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, water/pop/beer/wine/coffee, and cake.
- The per person price is in keeping with our prior celebrations; the committee has worked hard to create a memorable event while reining in the cost.
- We will honor our consistent and persistent approach of ‘no one left behind’. If the cost of this event is a hardship, please let Dave know and arrangements will be made (just like dues or trips). If you can make it, we want you at the event.
- Suggested dress for the event is ‘Casually Elegant’. For men that means nice slacks and shirt, perhaps a sport jacket (ties are optional).
- We do expect to do some singing of Glee Club repertoire past and present. We’ll have booklets of music available for the event – so you don’t have to worry about having anything memorized.
- We will have NMGC memorabilia, scrapbooks, photos, a slideshow and some video tapes for you to look at. Let us know if you’d like to bring yours to share, so we can make space available. Also, PLEASE mark it clearly so you can take it with you after the event.
Possible song list:
Nothing Like a Dame
New York, New York
God Bless America
Do You Fear the Force of the Wind
Didn’t My Lord Deliver Daniel
Do You Hear the People Sing
You’ve Got a Friend in Me
Why We Sing
America the Beautiful
Ride The Chariot
The Minstrel Boy
Step to the Rear
De Animals Are Comin’
Brothers Sing On
Five Foot Two
Let Me Call You Sweetheart